Strawberry Spinach Salad

Strawberry Spinach Salad

My sister Katherine asked that I bring a salad to our Family Bar-B-Que for Father's Day, so I decided to use a new recipe. We all got a Family Cookbook for Christmas and I've really enjoyed trying out the new recipes. All of the recipes are from my Dad's side of the family. The salad recipe that I finally decided on was from a 3rd cousin, called Strawberry Spinach Salad, and boy...it is really yummy. I made a huge salad, and worried about left-overs. I was wrong, everyone ate it all up and had seconds and thirds. Enjoy!

12-oz. baby spinach

1 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced

1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles

1/2 cup candied almonds (You can buy candied almonds or make your own.)

Toss and serve with your favorite vinaigrette dressing. I make my own.

Dressing:

1/2 cup olive oil

5 Tablespoons red wine vinegar

3 Tbsp. Sugar

fresh ground pepper to taste

Candied Almonds:

almonds, coarsely chopped

cinnamon

corn syrup

To candy, coat almonds in corn syrup and cinnamon. Remove from syrup with a slotted spoon and spread evenly on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment